Type E Thermocouples
Learn more about our Type E Thermocouple
UK Manufactured Type E Thermocouple
Type E Thermocouple is a Base metal thermocouple made from conductors containing Nickel – Chromium, and Copper – Nickel alloys and is suited for measuring temperatures up to +800°C. We manufacture E type thermocouples to your specifications or as replacements to existing sensors. We have manufactured thermocouples for over 25 years and are solely focused on designing and manufacturing temperature sensors. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Need some help?
Type E Thermocouple Designs
Thermocouples can come in a variety of designs suited to different applications. View the details of each type of design we offer for Type E.
- Mineral Insulated Type E – Metal sheath insulated with magnesium oxide powder also called MIMS.
- Cable/Wire Type E – Flexible sensors in PVC, PTFE or Glass Fibre. Many cold and hot-end designs.
- Type E with Metal Sheaths – High temperature design with metal protection sheath
- Type E Inserts – Rigid metal tubes commonly used in pocket, thermowell or head assemblies.
- Type E Elements – Basic elements for further assembly into sheaths or equipment.
Thermocouple Type E Technical Details
Thermocouple E type has a very high EMF output of 68 µV/°C which provides a strong signal for instrumentation and a high accuracy. Type E is also non-magnetic. It is very rare thermocouple type and is not used as much as the other types of thermocouple.
0 to +800 °C
-40 to +900 °C
Chromel (90%Ni, 10%Cr)
Constantan (55%Cu, 45%Ni)
Tolerance Class 1
-40 to +375 ± 1.5 °C
375 to 800 ± 0.004*[t]°C
Tolerance Class 2
-40 to +333 ± 2.5 °C
333 to 900 ± 0.0075*[t]°C
IEC Colour Code
BS Colour Code
ANSI Colour Code
We’ve made Type E Thermocouples for over 15 years and today we are considered the best choice for custom built temperature sensors in the UK. We continue to apply our expertise and invest in the latest technology to provide our customers with the highest-quality temperature sensors available.
Contact us with your requirements if you have an existing sensor design or are unsure what you need we’ll be able to find you get the right sensor for your process.